Ad Events and Experiences Intern
Internships | New York | ID: 8246
Ad Events and Experiences Intern
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the team
The Ad Events and Experiences team is focused on creating measurable impact by connecting sales to customers with a clear ROI.
About the role
As the Ad Event and Experiences, you will help support the ad events team with administrative support and project coordination. This will include trafficking on-going projects and general day-to-day operations. You will help with setting up meetings and maintaining files and organization for the event team. You will help with event research including venue searching, activity scouting, and vendor outreach. You will assist with planning and executing events. You will also build, manage and track all aspects of invitations and lists (Splash is our platform). In this position, you will also have the opportunity to learn all aspects of event management. Our events are virtual owned events, sponsorship events, and live events within the Advertising industry. This internship will be based in New York City, NY.
For New York Only - The estimated hourly rate for this position is between $20 and $50 per hour.
Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, certifications, and specific geographical location.
This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, disability benefits, parental leave, and wellness benefits.
What you’ll be doing
- Overall administrative support for the ad events team including, but not limited to: meeting scheduling, project trafficking, vendor coordination and miscellaneous projects and research
- Support with general team day-to-day operations
- Invitations and list management for on-going events including list building, graphics, and invitation platform management
- Coordinate all vendor processing, including: new vendor set up, payment processing, contract negotiation and tracking
- Communicate with events team and overall arms team on on-going projects
- Create event decks (pulling supporting graphics and documentation needs)
- Research sites and vendors and keep all event resources up to date
- Schedule core team meetings and overall coordination of events team calendars
- Handle all event related giveaways and raffles
- Overall support for event team
We are excited if you have/are
- A freshman, sophomore, junior or senior pursuing your Bachelors degree with a major in marketing, advertising, hospitality, communications, or a related field
- Interest and/or experience in event coordination or project support
- Creative and strategic in planning, designing, and executing events/experiences
- Strategic in handling tactical and administrative responsibilities
- Experience working with attendee invite management systems: specifically Splashthat and/or Jiffle, etc.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organized, collaborative, and creative individual
- Strong customer service background
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and work independently
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|