Audience Insights Intern
Internships | Chicago | ID: 8263
Audience Insights Intern
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
The Audience Insights team uses Roku’s first-party data to tell stories about TV consumer trends, behaviors, and preferences. We extract and analyze data, transforming our findings into clear, digestible, and accessible insights about how Roku fits into the cultural landscape. Our stakeholders rely on us for narratives that (1) highlight consumer shifts to streaming, (2) offer brand-specific insights and recommendations, and (3) position Roku as a thought leader within the industry.
As an Audience Insights intern, you will be working hands-on with our Big Data to develop and own projects that will strengthen Roku’s position as the leader in the TV streaming space.
What you’ll be doing
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, strategy, measurement, and content teams to address advertiser questions and initiatives
- Formulate research questions, design approaches, and carry out analyses start-to-finish to uncover insights that will inform and excite clients
- Build and optimize tools that will allow internal teams to self-serve their own insights, helping to streamline processes and win ad dollars
- Develop deep understanding of audience segments, streaming behaviors, and the state of the television advertising market
- Guide and serve as a consultative partner to internal teams who want to craft narratives using first- and third-party data
- Evangelize your findings – present insights, ideas, and solutions across both technical and non-technical audiences
- Assist in building and documenting processes that will allow the Audience Insights team to scale
We’re excited if you are
- Pursing a Bachelors in business, marketing, psychology, mathematics or another related field; graduating December 2023 or later
- Passionate about TV, streaming, pop culture, consumer behavior, and working with data
- Exceptionally skilled in data analysis and problem-solving
- Familiar with SQL or R, Big Data, and basic statistical concepts
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to tailor your communication style based on the audience
- Able to translate raw and varied datasets into stories using Excel and clearly present your findings in PowerPoint, Tableau, or Looker
- Exceptionally attentive to detail, organized, and effective at managing time
- Curious, inquisitive, thoughtful, and eager to learn
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|