AVOD Associate, Linear/FAST
Programming | Mexico City | ID: 7895
AVOD Associate, Linear/FAST
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku is seeking an Associate, AVOD Strategy - Linear to join our programming and engagement team. This role will contribute to the continued growth of the Linear AVOD/FAST category in the platform. The right individual will have a background in working with internal & external partners, rolling up their sleeves on execution and implementation, and aiding in growing a direct-to-consumer business.
To be successful the role will require the ability to work across a diverse range of internal departments, such as operations, editorial, content acquisition, product, engineering, data analytics, and marketing.
The ideal candidate will have experience building strong relationships with publishing partners, managing to targets, and a track record of delivering complex projects on tight timelines. The position requires a strong analytical background and the ability to interact with multiple internal stakeholders and external clients at a senior level. Must be passionate about streaming TV.
The AVOD Associate supports the growth of the AVOD/FAST model by:
- Channel evaluation based on content strategy
- Leverage data, market research and insights to evaluate new content partnership opportunities
- Collaborate with Content Acquisition, Content Operations, Marketing and Editorial on deal lifecycle and execution through partner roll out
- Working with marketing and editorial to maximize audience engagement with new channels
- Ensuring delivery of valuable advertising inventory and sponsorship opportunities that are aligned with Roku’s ad sales strategy
- Assist with partner financial forecasts and models
- Analyzing competitive platforms performance and successes across product, operations, PR and all relevant fields
- Understanding the partners’ overall goals and opportunities for value creation on the platform and creating incentives for the partner to participate and other high priority Roku initiatives
- Driving automation, enhanced reporting and tools to improve the efficiency of supporting key partners as well as creating self-service opportunities
In order to achieve success in this role, the Associate, AVOD Strategy - Linear will:
- Work collaboratively with key internal partners, including content acquisition, editorial, operations, marketing, product, data science and others
- Be confident in the use of data to make decisions, measure outcomes and track results
- This role will report to the Director, AVOD Partner Growth
Experiences / Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience delivering results in fast paced environments and demonstrated success in driving meaningful growth in content driven businesses
- Strong understanding of the advertising business model in digital, television and/or OTT
- Proven success in business development or partner management
- Background in a broad set of functional areas, including product, operations, marketing and editorial
- Able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively across multiple corporate locations, particularly in an engineering driven organization
- BA / BS degree.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|