Contractor, Senior Marketing Manager
Marketing | Toronto | ID: 8137
Contractor, Senior Marketing Manager
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Senior Marketing Manager (Contractor) as we grow and scale our business in Canada. The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in an environment without a set playbook, someone excited to work on scalable, high impact marketing programs and someone with a high bias for action, ready to roll-up sleeves, make a plan, and execute.
This role will support the overall marketing mix for Canada including channel marketing, web, videos and e-mail activities. This includes development of marketing and overall go-to-market plans. The role will work across the Roku teams, including Roku player marketing, Roku TV marketing, supporting key product launches and marketing programs for Canada. In addition, the candidate will work closely with the Director of Communication responsible for PR and social media in Canada.
The ideal candidate will thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment within a complex and highly competitive industry. The candidate will need to have exemplary communication skills and will build knowledge and relationships within the organization including with the teams at Corporate Headquarters in the United States. The candidate should be comfortable in an individual, self-sufficient role, as well as one of team support and interaction. This role requires a candidate who is motivated, comfortable with ambiguity, strong on time management, creative, project management and problem-solving skills.
What you'll be doing
- Support channel marketing activities: collaborate with retail and OEM partners as well as with the Roku Retail Sales, Channel Marketing, Product Marketing, Roku TV Marketing and eCommerce Marketing teams to create in-store materials (shippers, videos, demos) and online presence that support a cohesive and compelling brand/product message.
- Work on new product launches and facilitate cross-functional go to market implementation including support for the development of packaging for Roku branded devices.
- Work on the annual Canada Marketing Plan and the Mid-Range Marketing Plan.
- Develop an understanding of the drivers of local purchase behavior (acquisition), customer activation (engagement) and habitual usage (retention).
- Partner with consumer insights and UX teams to plan, conduct and synthesize research.
- Monitor customer touch points to ensure marketing and promotional messages are consistent (brand logos, product imagery, claims, and messaging).
- Develop, analyze, and continually optimize Product Detail Pages featuring Roku devices at retail in conjunction with the International etail manager.
- Work closely with product managers to understand and translate the technical product features into consumer-friendly communication strategies.
We're excited if you have
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience in B2C marketing for a global consumer tech, retail or entertainment brand.
- Strong marketing campaign experience (retail and brand awareness), and project management skills.
- Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
- Experience working with retail partners and AMS advertising tools and tactics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience to positively and creatively influence change and direction.
- The ideal candidate will also have expertise in the electronics category, including knowledge and background with brick-and-mortar retail, digital marketing, e-commerce, partnership management, and multi-channel marketing.
- Languages: native or full professional proficiency in English and French.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|