Contractor, Senior Payroll Specialist EMEA
Finance | Cambridge | ID: 7834
Contractor, Senior Payroll Specialist EMEA
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
Roku seeks a skilled Sr. Payroll Specialist to join our Global Payroll team. The role will be responsible for processing data for the monthly payrolls across our European entities in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, the UK and Ukraine. Total headcount of approximately 380 employees.
This position will report to the EMEA Payroll Manager and be based in our Cambridge office.
This is an operational position that requires a hands-on approach to payroll. You will be expected to work within a clear framework, providing expert advice on payroll legislation and driving accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of payroll processing with an outsourced payroll provider.
You will have proven experience of administrating the complete payroll cycle for an outsourced payroll solution.
What you'll be doing
- Assist EMEA Payroll Manager with the monthly processing of our European payrolls, including but not limited to, base salary, stock compensation, payroll taxes, pension, statutory and supplemental benefits
- Build strong working relationships with our outsourced payroll provider, other third parties and internal stakeholders (Stock, HR Ops, Accounting and Employees) to process and support the monthly payroll for the EMEA region
- Payroll project management experience, for example, post-acquisition standardization, new entities, payroll vendor changes
- Updated knowledge and understanding of employee benefit legislation and taxation
- Prepare payroll reporting for stakeholders and assist with internal and external audits
- Excellent Excel skills to be able to create and apply relevant principals to support required payroll reporting
- Understanding of the requirements of GDPR when handling confidential employee data
- Assist EMEA Payroll Manager with year-end processes
We're excited if you have
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in an international payroll function, processing UK and other EMEA payrolls (Belgium and Germany would be a significant advantage)
- Excellent level of attention to detail and being able to follow internally established and approved procedures to ensure a very high degree of payroll processing with complete accuracy and minimum errors
- Demonstrates excellent organisational skills and be efficient at multi-tasking with adjustable priorities to meet various deadlines
- Ability to think through problems as and when they arise and formulate potential solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to work alone using own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality in the course of work and understand general GDPR requirements in terms of data protection
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, both verbally and in writing and confident in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Strong client service mentality: ability to develop strong working relationships
- Experience of working for a multinational company would be a significant advantage
- Previous experience working with Workday and TMF Horizon preferable
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|