Creative Experiences | Santa Monica | ID: 7863
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku is seeking an omnichannel, creative powerhouse to join us as a Creative Director. Reporting into the VP Global Brand, you’ll be the brand and creative champion, guiding messaging and brand consistency to create a unified experience across all the path-to-purchase consumer touch points. Leading multiple, vertical teams, you’ll drive and continuously elevate the overall creative expression of Roku across our retail, digital, web, print and content disciplines.
You bring a depth of leadership developed in-house; from an agency environment; or even be that unicorn who has worked both sides. You’re an expert at evaluating creative and providing clear direction. You have deep expertise in bringing the brand to life in multiple channels. You are a thought leader, able to interpret creative strategically. You enjoy the operational side of team management as much as you love mentoring and growing your team.
Most of all though, you understand that it is not creative for creative’s sake, but creative with purpose, grounded in business objectives.
What you’ll be doing
- Setting the creative bar and execute works that delivers against objectives.
- Building and leading teams who manage their respective disciplines—retail creative (packaging, in-store merchandising, e-tail); consumer-facing, mobile-first web design; digital advertising, email design, visual production (editing, motion graphics, 3D creation); copywriting and content creation.
- Inspiring your team to create distinctive designs and experiences that project Roku’s competitive advantage and engage consumers in new and unique ways
- Interpreting consumer insights into successful strategic messaging that delights the consumer and grows accounts
- Working with VP and team leads to deliver best-in-class copy and design for exceptionally branded consumer experiences for all of Roku’s global businesses
- Interacting with and managing external agencies as needed
- Leveraging your diverse roster of creative and production resources globally to activate when needed (agencies, freelancers, off shore resources, etc)
- Leading a corporate HQ COE while managing local resources in international markets and ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to when activated globally.
- Advocating for the department as whole—be a vocal advocate for your team; helping the organization (functional partners up through C-suite leadership) see the power of creative as a business driver
- Communicating efficiently and directly with the cross-functional partners in creative, brand, growth marketing, and product
- Managing creative roadmap & priorities in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Partnering with project and resource management for operational support
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and deliver quality work under tight deadlines
- Using data gathered from key stakeholders, consumer insights, data science, marketing analytics to impact design thinking and solutions.
We’re excited if you have
- 15+ years’ experience in-house (preferably at a large matrixed organization), at a creative agency, or both!—consumer tech and /or CPG experience a plus but must have some experience with hard/packaged goods/products
- Minimum 5-years experience leading and developing a team of copywriters, designers, managers and directors at all experience levels, preferably at a global scale
- Proven track record of creating brand-defining and business-driven work across various channels—including print & packaging; mobile-first web; digital advertising; video & photography.
- Worked with and managed advertising agencies.
- Strong storytelling skills, with the ability to get the heart of why a creative idea is relevant
- Experience setting team priorities, solving problems, multi-tasking and working within a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Strategic mindset that is ROI driven and resourceful
- High emotional intelligence and strong powers of persuasion
- Inclusive, team management style based on coaching, mentorship and understanding
- Flexible nature and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational acumen with the ability to quickly pivot and learn how to get things done
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|