Director, Consumer Program Management, Commerce
Program Management | Santa Monica | ID: 5315
Director, Consumer Program Management, Commerce
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
In response to Roku’s significant growth and increasing number of complex strategic initiatives, Roku has created a program management group responsible for the planning, organization and management of people and processes necessary to ensure the success of all Roku products and key consumer initiatives. The scope of this group includes the introduction of features across the platform like building out Roku's Commerce functionality, building new Marketing technology, launching international payments and optimizing key portions of our payment services.
The team reports to the leader of Consumer Program Management and consists of senior program management leaders who exhibit both the technical and business acumen necessary for overseeing the entire development of a product. They are technical, strategic and provide oversight for multiple complex product initiatives that require cross-functional team alignment across the company (and externally).
The Director of Consumer Program Management, Roku Pay role will build and support execution plans within the Roku Pay space and strategize to improve, centralize, and/or partner to implement global Commerce solutions. This person will work directly with multiple cross functional teams across engineering, product, the business, marketing and vendors to increase performance, utilization, and expand Roku Pay's catalog of offerings.
The successful candidate will be motivated by the ability to play a significant role ensuring that Roku is successful in scaling all of its businesses while continuing its long-held reputation of exceeding customer expectations. The ideal candidate has had end-to-end experience in eCommerce, fulfillment, billing & payments, payments orchestration, analytics and operations, data governance, and customer care.
We’re looking for leaders who are passionate about providing exceptional products, thinking globally, and innovating on behalf of Roku and its customers. The candidate is a senior technical leader with a strong program management background, a head for business, and a pragmatic, data-driven, strategic approach to problem-solving. They will have the ability to influence leaders across different business and functional teams. They will have proven the ability to establish credibility at the executive level and with key partners and experience gaining consensus and approval for product planning efforts across multiple functional leaders. They will have demonstrated examples of shipping successful consumer facing products and experiences.
They will work quickly to understand business priorities, develop and communicate a plan, prioritize appropriately, and deliver commitments on time. The person will be results oriented, with a focus on achieving key goals as agreed, and identifying when an effort is not on target. They will have the ability to collaborate with colleagues across functions to solve problems and design solutions and is comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
What you'll be doing
- Drive Commerce project planning for the VP of Payments, Commerce and Customer CareLead multiple core teams consisting of senior leaders across the company to drive Roku Pay's development and launch into new markets.
- Create and maintain strategic roadmaps and work across multiple stakeholder businesses, among engineering, product, marketing and 3rd party vendors.
- Identify, drive and track initiatives that improve the customer experience with Roku's 1st party payments, commerce, and customer care solutions.
- Manage critical decision making, anticipate and mitigate potential risks, explore and implement contingency plans, and ensure cross-functional alignment throughout product development.
- Facilitate communications across the company to ensure transparency of program progress and risks, maintain plan-of-record and provide appropriate and timely updates to our executive team.
- Manage the post-launch process to identify and drive resolution of customer issues until we have met or exceeded our business and product KPI’s.
- Identify and drive process improvements that reduce risk and improve efficiency for all aspects of product development across the entire company.
- Build, support and maintain team level OKRs and progress tracking for payments, commerce, and customer care.
- Drive optimization and efficiencies across our eCommerce customer processes: pre-purchase, purchase, post purchase, payments, and inventory management.
We're excited if you have
- 8+ years in an engineering leadership or senior program management role.
- 3+ years in the Commerce space, with additional experience in Consumer Payments or recurring billing.
- Experience with successfully shipping consumer products and/or services to new markets.
- Ability to come up to speed quickly and contribute in a diverse set of technical areas.
- Data driven and pragmatic with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to present and convey key insights effectively to executive management.
- Ability to engage business leaders in thoughtful debates on issues, plans, and solutions.
- Flexible to changing development cycles and to maintain calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate teams outside of your direct purview.
- Experience with Jira, Asana, Confluence, and Airtable a plus.
- MS/BS ideally in Computer Science/Engineering and/or business administration.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Machine Learning Engineer||Software Engineering||8146||New York||New York||United States||New York||Software Engineering||001A - PIPELINE - Tech Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Machine Learning Engineer||Software Engineering||8146||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||001A - PIPELINE - Tech Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Software Engineer, Recommendations||Software Engineering||8145||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||001A - PIPELINE - Tech Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Software Engineer, Recommendations||Software Engineering||8145||New York||New York||United States||New York||Software Engineering||001A - PIPELINE - Tech Approvals|
|Senior Partner Manager, Post Deal/Technical (Content)||Partner Management||7729||Mexico City||Mexico||Mexico City||Partner Management||365 - Partner Management Approvals|
|Senior Counsel or AGC of Business & Legal Affairs (Technology/Commercial Transactions)||Legal||8138||Chicago||Illinois||United States||Chicago, Illinois||Legal||420 - Legal Approvals|
|Senior Counsel or AGC of Business & Legal Affairs (Technology/Commercial Transactions)||Legal||8138||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Legal||420 - Legal Approvals|
|Senior Counsel or AGC of Business & Legal Affairs (Technology/Commercial Transactions)||Legal||8138||New York||New York||United States||New York||Legal||420 - Legal Approvals|