Employee Resource Groups Program Manager
Human Resources | San Jose | ID: 8007
Employee Resource Groups Program Manager
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Mirroring our corporate growth, we are growing our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) team to continue to be an inclusive company for our employees and customers. The Employee Resource Groups (ERG) Program Manager is a member of the Inclusion Strategy team and will work closely with the People (HR) leadership, ERG leaders, and senior leaders at Roku to help advance our DEI strategies by effectively managing and continuously developing our ERG infrastructure. This role will also be responsible for developing, embedding, and sustaining tools, resources, and initiatives that enable ERGs to achieve their objectives.
The role can be located within commuting distance of any of our Roku locations and reports to the Director of DEI.
From your first day at Roku, you'll be a valuable — and valued — member of our team. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you an unrivaled opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world, while gaining a variety of meaningful and valuable experiences across myriad disciplines.
We strive to make Roku a great place to work for experienced professionals who don’t need a lot of handholding. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast, and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. We maintain high expectations for ourselves and others while we work hard to keep the overall workplace drama level low.
In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV. We think that’s pretty cool. How about you?
What you'll be doing
- Steward the ERG governance model across all ERGs, ensuring the groups remain structurally sound, effective, and positioned for success
- Manage onboarding and succession planning process for ERG chairs and executive sponsors
- Facilitate meaningful connections and shared purpose among Inclusion Advisory Council members and create opportunities for cross-ERG collaboration
- Improve upon and further enable our ERG strategy and programs and any related DEI Councils
- Execute and contribute to ERG effectiveness and impact by streamlining operations and successfully engaging members at all levels
- Partner closely with our People and Learning & Talent Development teams on building and delivering training and career development programs for ERGs
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, University Recruiting, People, and Social Impact team leaders to identify opportunities for ERGs to contribute to the attraction and retention of talent, leadership development, networking, and volunteering
- Lead the development of ERG communications across all channels in partnership with ERGs and Corporate Affairs & Communications team
- Manage ERG budget and coordinate vendor relationships, invoices, and agreements in partnership with Financial Planning & Analysis team
We're excited if you have
- Experienced DEI practitioner with between 5-7 years experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Change Management, ideally managing ERGs in multiple countries
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and facilitate training and discussions across differences, exhibiting sound emotional intelligence
- Experience partnering with senior leaders to inform and manage programs
- Ability to translate feedback into program improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, relationship-building, and collaborative skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of navigating complex matrix environments
- Strong project management and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven time management skills and ability to manage multiple work streams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with change management and helping teams understand and navigate change
- Experience managing ERGs in multiple countries
- Effective listening and growth mindset
- Comfortable managing through ambiguity
- Experience building, scaling, and leading programs; quickly assessing gaps, opportunities, and developing actionable and measurable plans to execute
- Event planning and event management experience
- Ability to adapt to change and pivot gracefully
- Consistent demonstration of good judgement and calm composure, particularly in high pressure times
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|