Live Operations Engineer
Programming | Austin | ID: 7973
Live Operations Engineer
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
Roku is looking for talented individuals to join our fast-growing live streaming operations team. The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable and experienced with live streaming event management and monitoring. A successful candidate must be highly organized and be able to think on their feet during high profile live events.
- Work with multiple internal teams and content partners to organize schedules for upcoming live events
- Provide operational support for multiple concurrent live streaming events
- Be the sole owner of many Tier-1 live events for our customers making sure they have the highest quality experience
- Be detailed oriented in organizing tasks between production, service partners, and directing other support engineers during live events.
- Work with senior engineers and other teams on high-severity, active support issues, prioritizing mitigation while investigating root-cause fixes
- Deliver event reports to the Live Operations leadership team
- Aid in the development and testing of operational tools that improve efficiency through automation
- Customer notification and workflow coordination with follow-up to maintain service level agreements
- Assist in the training of new Live Event staff as the team grows
- 3+ years of experience in the digital media space, ideally working with businesses of different sizes
- Willing to work flexible hours including nights and/or Weekends
- 3+ years working in the live online video ecosystem, with strong fundamentals in signal acquisition (via satellite downlink and fiber circuits) and live video workflows using SCTE markers.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to identify, prioritize and track critical paths to problem resolutions.
- Experience and knowledge managing Linear Programming Schedules, Linear or Broadcast EPG.
- Knowledge and/or experience of metadata concepts and feed formats (XML, JSON)
- Experience leveraging advanced Excel skills and working in custom CMS tools superb communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation with ease and fluidity between technical and business topics.
- Working cross functionally with internal technical and business groups
- Self-organized with a structured thinking approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of OTT and live streaming platforms and technology
- Bachelor's degree qualification in Business, Engineering or related discipline required.
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership and is a highly collaborative team player
- Able to work hours that may change from week to week and may include weekends and nights.
Nice to Have
- An understanding of DAI/ SSAI Tech is a plus.
- Experience working with cloud based live streaming technologies is a plus.
- Understanding of DRM and other content protections schemes is a plus
- Experience with live events such as premier sporting events, fashion shows and music concerts
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|