Magazine Editorial Production Manager
Operations | Stamford | ID: 8053
Magazine Editorial Production Manager
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
This is a 4-6 month Contract position with Remote Possibility
ABOUT THE ROLE
This Old House Ventures seeks an experienced Editorial Production Manager with a keen eye for detail and amazing production as well as excellent communications skills to supervise and track the workflow of copy, clean up layouts and artwork (including minor color correction and altering of illustrator files), adhering to the Manufacturing schedule with the Copy, Editorial and Art departments. This Production Manager is responsible for ensuring all editorial and advertising files clean and accurate; all printing reports are run correctly then approved, and shipped to the printer on time. The ideal candidate must be able to work well with all departments by managing schedules and enforcing deadlines to ensure a smooth, on-time production cycle.
Reports to the Managing Editor
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MAGAZINE EDITORIAL PRODUCTION
- Supervises and tracks the flow of copy, layouts and artwork, paying close attention to the manufacturing schedule
- Helps manage the workflow at the magazine
- Keep up-to-date with current departmental production policies, including evolving styles and workflow protocols
- Creates and maintains InDesign/InCopy templates and style sheets
- Cleans/tightens up layouts, checks them into WoodWing, attaches text, applies styling, etc
- Handles technical issues related to files
- Acts as the internal pre-press department to ensure files are accurate and clean before shipping to the printer
- Works with offsite digital imaging company ensuring that all requested retouching is done and accurate. Is the liaison between the art department and the printer
- Works with Photography Director on trafficking hi-res images and image quality control
- Gives printer final approval on all pages through InSite
- Troubleshoots computer problems
- Manages the magazine server structure
- Archives issues, files, and art
- Creates and uploads stitched PDFs for advertising, web, digital editions, PR, etc
- Reviews/approves invoices from the printer and offsite digital imaging company
- Work with the design team on Apple+ Newsstand edition
- Other responsibilities as needed
MAGAZINE ADVERTISING PRODUCTION
- Process all Ads/paperwork for This Old House magazine, currently publishing 4x/year
- Work with art and design teams at TOH and Roku to make sure all house and filler ADs are created and delivered on time
- Create/manage book makeup
- Produce and deliver printer reports for each issue
- Liaison with the printer including creating and managing schedules
- Work with consumer marketing making sure all circ efforts are properly executed
We’re Excited if you have:
- At least 3 years of magazine production experience required
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe InDesign, InCopy and Acrobat
- Experience using WoodWing Studio
- Experience with Virtual Publisher and Send My Ad
- Experience working with CMS and DAM systems
- Fantastic production and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- A great team player who can also work alone
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|