Manager, Merchandising & Editorial
Marketing | Amsterdam | ID: 7696
Manager, Merchandising & Editorial
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
Roku's Content Merchandising team is seeking a highly collaborative, self starter to lead The Roku Channel's International Merchandising team. This role will develop and drive the local and regional content merchandising strategy across international markets, with a goal of optimizing content discovery and engagement. This individual will partner closely with a wide variety of teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Content Acquisitions, Programming and Sales) located across Europe, LATAM and North America to curate best-in-class editorial experiences, amplify marketing campaigns and help shape and scale new product features or tooling to improve the user experience.
The ideal candidate for this role should have strong experience programming and/or merchandising content in the streaming video industry and be comfortable leveraging data to craft localized strategies. Candidates should also have a strong track record of working cross-functionally and with geo-distributed teams. You should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in a highly competitive marketplace and feel comfortable navigating ambiguity to drive problem solving and decision making. Experience working with internal content management tools is ideal.
What you'll be doing
- Developing local and regional content merchandising strategies to drive improved content discovery and engagement
- Partnering with Marketing and Content Acquisitions to develop compelling end-to-end marketing campaigns to amplify strategic content or features
- Partnering with Sales on identifying and creating content sponsorship opportunities
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to shape The Roku Channel international product roadmap
- Reviewing and communicating insights on UI engagement data, business performance and regional and local trends
- Testing new features or optimizations across international markets to understand local best practices
- Proactively identifying and problem solving technical and operational issues with cross-functional teams
- Exploring and building business cases for new UI innovations
We're excited if you have
- 10+ years working in content programming and/or merchandising in the digital media & entertainment space
- Strong knowledge of the content ecosystem, including an understanding of various video streaming business models (AVOD, SVOD) and content consumption formats (VOD, Linear, Short/Long Form, etc.)
- Experience working with content management tools (CMS)
- Comfort with leveraging data to make decisions or recommendations
- Experience working with technical, marketing and business teams on A/B testing, launching and/or improving consumer-facing products
- Clear communicator, comfortable with presenting to executive audiences
- Comfort working with cross-functional and geo-distributed teams
- An adaptable, collaborative and positive attitude
- Thrives with working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Passion for content and knowledge of the video streaming landscape
- Knowledge of analytics and data management tools is ideal (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Airtable)
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|