Payment Analyst Intern
Internships | San Jose | ID: 8287
Payment Analyst Intern
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
We’re looking for a rockstar to join our fast-paced environment to contribute to Payments related analysis and operations. This individual is responsible for investigating and developing solutions to track, monitor and improve authorizations. This person will proactively identify patterns and deep dive into it to develop and execute a strategy which addresses user authorizations at the earliest stages of detection. This person is quantitatively driven, detail-focused and possesses a high level of problem-solving expertise. She/he is experienced in utilizing payments data to identify insights. This person will work closely with Product Managers and operations teams to define efficient processes and systems to meet organizational service-level objectives.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct analyses and opportunity sizing to define addressable markets and operational opportunities for improvement
- Develop key dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Deliver enhancements to detect drop in authorizations and propose solutions to improve the Auth strategy
- Leverage our Roku Pay data and reporting infrastructure to extract new insights on our auth rates and cost data, helping to create a more informed perspective on strategies that can be employed for optimization of Roku Pay’s payment auth rates; work closely with other teams and stakeholders to make recommendations on new strategies to catch trends earlier.
- Partner with Payments, Analytics and Data Engineering to uncover key opportunities to automate alerts and monitoring for Payment flows; provide reporting to track outcomes around these opportunities.
We are excited if you have/are
- Pursuing Master’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Computer Science)
- 1-2 years of experience across payment, marketplaces, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries.
- Expertise in SQL, SAS, R, Python or other programming language to query data and perform analysis
- Hands on experience with visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Have a bias towards action in resolving issues and operate in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Be extremely data driven to solve problems and have a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|