Payroll Manager Americas
Finance | San Jose | ID: 7856
Payroll Manager Americas
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
As the Americas Payroll Manager, you will be a key member of a high-performing international and US payroll team. You will be based in San Jose, CA. The right candidate will provide strategic direction and expertise to the payroll function. The incumbent is responsible for advising all aspects of US, Canadian, and Brazil payroll, timekeeping, and related systems to ensure accurate, timely, and cost-effective delivery and reporting of all wage and tax data per federal, state, country regulations and company policies.
The ideal candidate will have endless curiosity and can pair a global mindset with locally relevant execution. You should be a gritty problem solver and self-starter who can drive programs with the product and commercial teams within Roku and across external strategic partner organizations. The successful candidate will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the Americas payroll team and promote the development of the team through effective goal setting, metrics, and engagement/development plans
- Manage relationships and payroll deliverables with external service providers
- Ensure an accurate and timely Bi-weekly payroll, including but not limited to: base pay, equity compensation, payroll taxes, statutory and supplemental benefits, etc
- Own month-end close, quarter-end and year-end payroll processes and related tax reconciliations
- Cross-functional collaboration with business partners for process improvements and efficiencies
- Assist with driving Americas payroll strategy with payroll team members to streamline processes to ensure consistency, accuracy, and best-in-class services
- Ensure all regulatory payroll filings are completed timely and accurately
- Assist with developing and implementing payroll related processes for Americas entities ( Canada, Brazil, Mexico)
- Partner closely with internal business partners (Employee Experience / People Ops / Finance) to provide our employees with a first-class payroll experience
- Proactively prepare relevant management reports, metrics and statistics as needed
- Stay current on regulations, benefits changes, and labor laws impacting the payroll process, and stay compliant for all payroll tax jurisdictions
- Assist in ad-hoc duties when required
We're excited if you have
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance preferred or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience with a team of direct reports and process management experience, preferably with a global public company
- Recent experience with WFN- ADP and Workday payroll system is a must
- Experience with Netsuite System is a plus
- Knowledge & understanding of international equity and mobility programs
- Experience using Excel for analyzing data, including knowledge of pivots and common functions
- American Payroll Association (APA) and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Strong communication skills, written/verbal, and the ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Fluent in English and other languages is a strong plus
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|