People Business Partner, Advertising
Human Resources | New York | ID: 8116
People Business Partner, Advertising
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku is in growth mode, and we are investing in building out a world-class People organization. As part of that effort, we are looking to hire a People Business Partner to serve as a strategic people advisor for Roku’s industry leading advertising teams. This role will partner with leaders, front line managers and employees seeking guidance on a diverse range of topics. The successful candidate will deliver a full spectrum of People (HR) deliverables that align with the businesses' strategic goals. This role will provide sound guidance across all functional areas of Human Resources with an emphasis on performance management, employee relations, change management and organizational development.
What you'll be doing
Management Development & Organizational Effectiveness:
- Partner with managers in creating a culture and work environment that supports the business strategy, encourages employee engagement, and inspires performance excellence
- Provide proactive and strategic support for organizational planning and development initiatives
- Influence people managers to take more accountability for talent and leadership development and to model desired behaviors
- Ensure actions taken in the organization are aligned to Roku culture
Performance & Rewards:
- Educate, influence, and advocate Roku’s performance philosophy and practices within the business to ensure fairness and consistency and inspire stronger employee and organizational performance
- Advise people managers in dealing with employee relations issues; Partner with management teams to understand trends and advise on appropriate remediation
Strategic Workforce Planning:
- Work in close partnership with colleagues across the People organization to ensure overall alignment and execution of the workforce plan
- Consult with managers on elements of organizational design that will enable realization of the business strategy
- Utilize data and predictive analytics to identify organizational opportunities and measure the impact of efforts
- Provide change management support to the organization; customizing the approach as appropriate to meet business needs
- Maintain an awareness of changes in business teams internally (within organization) and externally (within our competitive set)
We're excited if you have
- Minimum of 5 years relevant HR Business Partner experience in media, agency or high-tech environments
- Experience supporting clients working in global sales, client services, marketing, product management and operations teams is a must have
- Ability to function well in ambiguous situations and unstructured environments, recognizing when it is appropriate to introduce more structure and process without derailing the current output
- Displays integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and apply data to troubleshoot innovative solutions
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive HR issues – excellent judgement is critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Coaching, influencing, problem solving, and facilitation skills are critical
- Experience in growing global business and positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization
- This role will be based in New York, NY, with occasional travel as needed
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|