Senior Associate, Internal Audit
Finance | San Jose | ID: 8196
Senior Associate, Internal Audit
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku is looking for an outstanding Senior Internal Auditor to join the Global Internal Audit team. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, this individual will play a critical role in supporting the SOX compliance program and driving internal audits for business processes to assess compliance with established standards and controls, and to identify process improvement opportunities. You must possess thorough knowledge of US-GAAP, great attention to details and be able to manage multiple time sensitive deliverables across a highly matrixed organization. We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that can work independently and cooperatively with other teams to address compliance requirements and scale the internal audit department as the Company grows.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with the finance & accounting organization and business units to design, evaluate, & monitor the company’s internal controls over financial reporting and business operations. Identify and recommend process enhancements to support high-growth and constantly changing environment while mitigating critical risks.
- Lead day-to-day management of the SOX compliance program through planning, scoping, execution, tracking & reporting; this includes walkthroughs, controls testing, deficiency evaluation, remediation tracking, and reviewing workpapers, providing comments & reports.
- Perform end-to-end SOX readiness assessment for new business models, finance processes, and technology systems to address key risks, identify the scope, evaluate, and document the design & effectiveness of manual/automated controls, and highlight control gaps.
- Support risk-based operational audits across different functions of the organization by conducting interviews, analyzing audit evidence, documenting processes, identifying, and defining issues and remediation plans, under the direction of the project lead.
- Evaluate control deficiencies for impact and perform root cause analysis to determine appropriate management remediation actions. Monitor management’s remediation efforts to closure, including review of supporting evidence and retesting.
- Collaborate closely with co-sourced internal audit, external audit, control and process owners and executive management on overall SOX assurance program and deliverables.
- Utilize data analytics & automation techniques, perform benchmarking activities, and support other initiatives to shape innovative strategies for internal controls testing, risk assessment, and continuous auditing/monitoring.
- Prepare accurate, detailed workpapers and reports while ensuring overall quality, consistency, and compliance to department & professional standards for audits. Prepare quarterly audit committee meetings presentations, newsletters, and other supporting documents, as needed.
We’re excited if you have:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant audit experience including Financial Audit, Technology, Attestation, Enterprise Risk Services preferably in a Big Four firm or large global public company internal audit or Finance environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional certification CPA required. CISA, CIA, CISSP, and/or CFE a plus.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in SOX 404 audit, planning, documentation, testing, and reporting required. Experience with technology and operations audits is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), corporate accounting processes, revenue recognition, financial reporting, ICFR and PCAOB reporting standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience operating in high-growth, entrepreneurial environments preferably related to technology, media/entertainment, or advertising.
- Highly motivated, proactive, with strong leadership, interpersonal & project management skills to multitask and ability to interact with all levels of management & work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%.
- Master’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Information Systems.
- Experience in evaluating information systems and technology areas (such as logical access, change management, disaster recovery, etc.) and conducting fraud reviews is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite, Tableau, Alteryx, GRC tools like Auditboard is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to work independently and within a team. Ability to learn quickly and adapt to an always-evolving media/entertainment industry.
This is where you will work:
- San Jose, California - Hybrid, in the office 3x a week
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|