Senior Associate, Technology Audit
Finance | San Jose | ID: 8199
Senior Associate, Technology Audit
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku is looking for an outstanding Senior Technology Auditor to join the Global Internal Audit team. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, this individual will play a critical role in supporting the technology SOX compliance program and driving various technology audits over IT operations, security compliance, system implementations, & automation. You must possess thorough knowledge of technology and cybersecurity controls in line with regulatory and other compliance requirements, great attention to details and be able to manage multiple time sensitive deliverables across a highly matrixed organization. We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that can work independently and cooperatively with other teams to address technology compliance requirements and scale the internal audit department as the Company grows.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with Roku’s Engineering & Security teams to plan, scope, and evaluate the design & effectiveness of company’s IT controls and lead technology audit efforts. Research and keep abreast on organizational policies & processes, and new guidance, publications, & standards.
- Support the overall delivery and scaling of the technology SOX audit. Identify, evaluate, and document the design and effectiveness of the IT general controls, application controls, and key reports looking for both control gaps and opportunities to gain process efficiencies.
- Plan and deliver on various technology operations audits, system implementation reviews, and regulatory assessments (SOX, SOC 1, SOC 2, PCI, FedRAMP, GDPR, etc.) and applicable advisory initiatives with full involvement in planning, fieldwork & reporting.
- Conduct information security related assessments to cover domains like User Access, Network, OS & Application Security, Encryption, Backup Management, Disaster Recovery, etc. Stay abreast of security trends, emerging technologies, and cybersecurity field developments.
- Evaluate control deficiencies for impact and perform root cause analysis to determine appropriate management remediation actions. Monitor management’s remediation efforts to closure, including review of supporting evidence and retesting.
- Collaborate closely with co-sourced internal audit, external audit, control and process owners and executive management on IT SOX assurance program and deliverables.
- Utilize data analytics & automation techniques, perform benchmarking activities, and support other initiatives to shape innovative strategies for internal controls testing, risk assessment, and continuous auditing/monitoring.
- Prepare accurate, detailed workpapers and reports while ensuring overall quality, consistency, and compliance to department & professional standards for audits. Prepare quarterly audit committee meetings presentations, newsletters, and other supporting documents, as needed.
We’re excited if you have:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant technology audit experience preferably in a Big Four firm or large global public company internal audit.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Professional certification CISA, CISSP preferred. CPA, CIA, and/or CFE a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following technology audit areas: IT general controls, security compliance controls, network and infrastructure audits, business process automated controls, system implementation reviews, robotic automation, data analytics, key reports testing or similar.
- Strong working knowledge of information security standards (ISO 27001), governance frameworks (COBIT, NIST) and regulatory compliance (SOX, SOC2, GDPR, PCI-DSS, etc.).
- Experience with designing and evaluating IT and security controls for cloud environments such as AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, etc. Cloud certifications (Microsoft, AWS) preferred.
- Experience operating in high-growth, entrepreneurial environments preferably related to technology, media/entertainment, or advertising.
- Highly motivated, proactive, with strong leadership, interpersonal & project management skills to multitask and ability to interact with all levels of management & work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Accounting or equivalent.
- Fundamental understanding of finance and business processes including quote to cash, procurement, revenue recognition, HR operations, payroll, etc. is highly desired.
- Experience in auditing lead SaaS solutions including NetSuite, Salesforce, Workday, etc. and knowledge of GRC tools like Auditboard is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to work independently and within a team. Ability to learn quickly and adapt to an always-evolving media/entertainment industry.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|