Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, Viewer Product Platform
Data Science | San Jose | ID: 8223
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, Viewer Product Platform
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the team
Our team’s mission is to conduct world-class analysis, design and execute innovative A/B and build high quality data products to accelerate Roku’s Viewer product efforts and drive engagement across the Roku platform and The Roku Channel.
About the role
Roku is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to play an instrumental role in helping Roku continue its success by providing end-to-end business intelligence solutions that democratize data across the business. You will work closely with analysts, data engineers, and business stakeholders to understand business questions, write robust pipelines to create analytical data assets, and use visualization to create informative reports and dashboards that allow stakeholders to answer questions quickly and with confidence. You will become an expert in our data infrastructure and create/maintain pipelines that are critical to conducting robust analyses. The ideal candidate for this role loves building tools and reports that empower others to make high impact decisions and tell stories with data.
What you’ll be doing
- Work directly with analysts and engineers to understand goals, gather requirements, and guide development of new data assets by producing robust feature guides
- Build and support robust data pipelines to support business tools and analytical needs and meet SLAs
- Conduct UAT on new tables
- Liaise with data engineers to understand and communicate the impacts of underlying changes in the data and update dependent pipelines.
- Identify and fill gaps among our data assets and key metrics
- Serve as the resident expert in understanding the nuance of our data infrastructure for the analytics team. You will be the go-to-person when questions arise around the correct dataset, proper joins, bugs, etc.
- Create reports, dashboards, visualizations, and self-service tools that help partners monitor business trends and key metrics
- Monitor key metrics and business processes to identify trends and uncover root causes that drive business impact.
We’re excited if you have
- 4 years of relevant work experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Technical Operations
- Fluency in SQL, Python, and ETL using big data tools (HIVE/Presto, Redshift)
- Previous experience with web frameworks for Python such as Django /Flask is a plus.
- Experience writing data pipelines using Airflow preferred
- Fluency in Looker
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles, pipelines, and APIs
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work independently and across multiple time zones
- Ownership mindset- you own the end-to-end lifecycle of a product starting from ideation to adoption and maintenance.
- Bachelors or Masters in math, physics, computer science, economics or equivalent
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|