Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst, Market Share
Finance | San Jose | ID: 7398
Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst, Market Share
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
Roku is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Account Acquisition FP&A team. This Senior Analyst will play a critical role in providing senior management with an assessment of historical and forward-looking market share trends and performance across product areas. This role will serve as the central owner of all market share data, visualization, and reporting, and will surface key insights that will be used by the senior leaders of the company in support of strategic planning, forecasting, and the quarterly earnings process. As a result of your consolidated view, you will gain high visibility opportunities with senior management across various Finance departments.
Success in this role will include the ability to balance competing priorities, navigate a fluid and ambiguous environment and drive projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will possess a strong quantitative background and analytical mindset, advanced data visualization and modeling abilities, and unrivaled attention to detail.
What you'll be doing
- Develop executive-level dashboards and reporting that provide leadership with digestible and actionable insights on key market share metrics
- Serve as the primary point of contact with third-party market data vendors, develop a deep understanding of the nuances and tradeoffs behind different data sources, and evaluate usefulness of new data sources
- Create consistent market sizing methodologies across product areas and consolidate disparate market share data sources into a central "source of truth" that can be consumed across the company
- Own the tops-down market share model and draw key insights that will drive executive decision making
- Provide analytical support and monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of change. Conduct deep dives when observing abnormal trends
- Produce recurring reporting that will serve as key inputs into Earnings/IR work-streams, forecast cycles, and planning
- Perform ad hoc analyses and projects as need
We're excited if you have
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject (such as: economics, mathematics, finance, accounting); MBA is a plus
- 3+ years of prior experience, ideally in a corporate finance, FP&A, strategy & operations, or corporate strategy/analytics role at a high-growth tech company
- Ability to dive into details while maintaining clear understanding of strategic initiatives and corporate direction
- Extensive experience building out reporting and dashboards in Tableau, and working knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Experience building and maintain complex financial models and expert proficiency with excel
- Strong analytical capabilities with deep understanding of how a business operates
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in ways others can easily understand; ability to clearly and concisely present issues, ideas and recommendations in verbal, written and presentation formats to senior executives
- Bias for action, problem solver with ability to navigate a complex & matrix corporate environment while juggling multiple responsibilities. A positive, can-do attitude & collaborative mindset is essential
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Rapid change and learning excite you, and you know how to find direction and craft a plan of action even when none is given
- Strong problem structuring skills with a proficiency in hypothesis-based problem solving
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Curious; a constant learner with a relentless drive to acquire knowledge and new skill set
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|