(Senior) Marketing Insights Survey Researcher
User Experience | New York | ID: 7957
(Senior) Marketing Insights Survey Researcher
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
Roku is looking for a Sr. Marketing Insights Researcher to work with our in-house platform marketing teams. This role requires strong collaboration across several in-house marketing teams, and solid experience with survey design. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge products, features and personalized campaigns, pushing the envelope on the future of streaming. This role does not support the marketing of Roku hardware or devices. This role will support the marketing of Roku features and content.
Note: You need a minimum of 6 years experience to qualify for "Senior" title.
What you'll be doing
- Develop, plan, and execute research initiatives that support impactful ad strategies that connect emotionally with customers
- Assist with the positioning / messaging of marketing campaigns to ensure they appeal to the target audience segment
- Identify which combination of marketing channels & formats are most impactful at driving awareness, favorability and intent
- Creative testing to determine which prospective campaign executions are best resonating with Roku's customers and why
- Assess the impact of Roku content & feature marketing on upper funnel metrics: awareness, perception, favorability, intent to use a feature, intent to subscribe, etc.
- Effectively present research insights to diverse stakeholder audiences through written reports and presentations
- Go beyond campaign-level analysis and build research agendas; develop thought leadership
- Be the go-to person for insights on what product features will delight customers and deliver business impact
- Help maximize the impact of Roku product experiences by informing ad strategies for the US's number one streaming platform
- Closely collaborate with experts in Marketing, Analytics, and Product to understand marketing and product strategy, shape research plans, and execute research that has an impact
- Participate in campaigns that are developing cutting edge targeting and personalization techniques that help deliver the right message to customers in the right place at the right time
- Give well-thought-out presentations in formal research share-outs, walking your audience through your research process and insights to tell a story about our users to stakeholders
- Show the concrete impact of your research work on Roku's core experiences
- Participate in a deeply synergistic team of researchers at Roku- you'll share knowledge, exchange ideas, and have one of the best sounding boards in the tech industry
We're excited if you have
- Proven track record of generating insights to support internal marketing teams, preferably at a consumer-facing tech company
- A track record of working on omnichannel advertising campaigns: television, mobile, social, display and email
- Experience working with campaigns that use sophisticated first-party data
- Proven skills with survey design and quantitative analysis (reporting on data with significance testing applied, working with test and control groups, correlation analyses)
- Ability to run survey studies end-to-end that utilize experimental design (test and control)
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Comfortable working on campaigns not fully defined that will be influenced by the research you are providing
- Experience collaborating with Marketing, Analytics, Research, and Product Managers
- 6+ years of relevant research experience (for a "Senior" title)
- A passion for researching and understanding people
- Experience using SQL - Data Aggregation and Joins
- Experience working with Lifecycle Marketing and Product Marketing teams
- Experience with campaigns that use ML driven personalization
- Working at a data-driven organization
- Utilizing dashboards to generate insights
Hear from one of our leaders
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|