Senior Payment & Risk Analyst
Product Management | Cambridge | ID: 8150
Senior Payment & Risk Analyst
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the team:
The Core Payments team under the Commerce, Pay and Care organization has played an interictal part in Roku’s hyper-growth in online subscriptions through the deployment of an in-streaming, on-TV purchase experience. Core Payments supports multiple teams across Roku, across multiple consumer surfaces, including TV, web, mobile, and advertising. These parallel teams have built unique approaches for selling access to digital content Subscription Video on Demand/Transactional Video on Demand (SVOD/TVOD), company branded devices, and shoppable on-device ads.
We are looking for a Sr. Payment Analyst to join our fast-paced Payments and Commerce teams. This individual is responsible for investigating and developing solutions to track, monitor, and improve our payment and commerce ecosystems. This person will diagnose and proactively identify patterns developing and executing a strategy to deliver a better consumer and partner experience. This person is quantitatively driven, detail-focused and possesses an elevated level of problem-solving expertise. You must be knowledgeable and experienced in payments data as you will work closely with Product Managers and Operations teams providing insights and performance-related details.
About the role
Roku is looking for a Sr. Payment Analyst to join our fast-paced Payments and Commerce teams. This individual is responsible for investigating and developing solutions to track, monitor and improve our payment and commerce ecosystem. This person will diagnose and proactively identify patterns developing and executing a strategy to deliver a better consumer and partner experience. This person is quantitatively driven, detail-focused and possesses an elevated level of problem-solving expertise. You must be knowledgeable and experienced in payments data as you will work closely with Product Managers and Operations teams providing insights and performance-related details.
What you'll be doing
- Conduct analyses and opportunity sizing to define addressable markets and operational opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor key operating metrics, highlighting trends by providing insights into performance against those goals.
- Continue to build on our advanced analytics around payment authorization performance, AB testing, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Build key dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Develop analytical tools (real-time alerts, models, etc.) to combat risk or payment issues
- Deliver enhancements to detect anomalies and be able to provide recommendations to improve the authorization strategies
- Perform exploratory data analysis on emerging trends and execute advanced analysis across the entire Roku platform
- Perform credit card authorization rate analyses to identify opportunities for improving card processing economics
- Collaborate with the Payments Product, Operations and Engineering team to proactively seek and incorporate feedback
We're excited if you have
- 7+ years of work experience with a bachelor's degree or master's degree in quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or Computer Science)
- 5+ years of experience across payment, risk, marketplaces, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries.
- Expertise in SQL, SAS, R, Python or other programming language to query data and perform analysis
- Hands on experience with visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
- Experience with Hadoop clusters, Python and Spark
- Have a bias towards action in resolving issues and operate in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Be extremely data driven to solve problems and have a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Risk analytics/operations, data science/modeling experience or similar quantitative business responsibility for financial or operational performance highly desirable
- Hands on A/B testing and statistical modeling/forecasting
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|