Senior People Business Partner - US
Human Resources | San Jose | ID: 8059
Senior People Business Partner - US
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
We are looking to hire a Senior People Business Partner (PBP). Roku is in growth mode, which requires someone like you to continue building out our world-class People organization. This isn’t just “keeping things moving.” As Roku enters new markets, we will be looking to you for expertise in change management and organizational development. We are looking for someone who can support VPs, first level managers and employees seeking guidance on the kind of topics a growing public company may face. The successful candidate will deliver a full spectrum of People team deliverables that align with the businesses' strategic goals. The Senior PBP will be viewed as the leader and expert in all functional areas of the People team with an emphasis on organizational development, change management, coaching, and performance management.
What you'll be doing
- You'll partner with leaders to align People team deliverables with business strategy, which includes bringing best practice and external perspectives to strategic and operational business discussions and people management decision-making
- Diagnose and improve the performance of the organization, utilize tools to measure organization effectiveness, as well as your own informal awareness of the pulse of the organization
- Influence and coach leaders to take more accountability for talent and leadership development and to model desired behaviors. This involves encouraging leaders to deal with employee and leadership issues head-on
- Partner with management teams to understand trends in employee performance issues and advise on appropriate remediation
- As a change management leader, you’ll provide strategy aimed at supporting the organization; customizing the strategy as appropriate to meet business needs and advise leaders on guiding their teams through organizational change
- We're always in "build mode" because we're a company of data-focused builders, even on the People team
- Because everyone is empowered, your success will come from collaborating and influencing others, regardless of title or level, to drive the company forward
We're excited if you have
- 8+ years relevant People/HR Business Partner experience, ideally supporting corporate and communication teams in a high tech, high growth environment while helping leaders manage the complexities of organizational change
- Experience specifically supporting engineering leaders is a must
- Experience coaching, influencing, problem solving, and facilitation skills, which will be seen as critical in this role
- Ability to function well in ambiguous situations and unstructured environments, recognizing when it is appropriate to introduce more structure and process without derailing the current output
- Demonstrated success in developing innovative solutions in a data-driven environment to solve business issues
- We expect that everyone who works here displays uncompromising integrity and ethics at every level. This requires more transparency and bluntness than you might see in other companies, but we see it as a way to foster trust across all elements of the company, enabling us to grow better and faster
- In order to be effective at Roku, you need to be a strong communicator, which means being able to describe issues and solutions to various audiences
- Occasional travel as needed
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|