Senior Product Manager, Experimentation Platform
Product Management | San Jose | ID: 8321
Senior Product Manager, Experimentation Platform
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Experimentation and data-informed decision-making are a part of our DNA. All our features across consumer UX innovations, machine learning models, backend optimizations, payments, ads, marketing, and merchandising go through rigorous A/B/n experimentation. Through our experimentation platform - PMs, Data Scientists, Engineers, Merchandizers, and Marketers execute numerous AB tests and feature ramps each month and analyze the results at scale. The platform has evolved across the user interface, integrations with product areas, and self-serve setup and data reporting, among other features. This evolution has resulted in the scaling of experiments. It has led to incremental business growth through our ability to iterate fast, get deeper customer insights, and, most importantly, measure incremental gains.
The Viewer Product team at Roku is looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to nourish, enhance, and hyper-scale Roku's in-house experimentation platform. In this role, you will live and breathe experimentation, data, and scalability to identify key problem areas and build towards democratizing frictionless self-serve AB testing and analysis across all of Roku's products. This broad role requires hands-on technical chops, data fluency, and, most importantly, experience in managing a large-scale consumer AB testing and rollout platform. The role requires solid technological know-how to drive complex integrations as well as stellar communication to fluently communicate vision and plans with non-technical XFN and business teams. Above all, you will be deeply embedded with a close-knit team of hard-working, fun, and talented professionals, all working to deliver a great end-to-end data-driven experimentation and learning system.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with PMs, Analytics, Engineering, and Data Science teams to build and enhance an experimentation platform vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Evangelize the platform and its benefits to users and stakeholders to drive towards 100% adoption across the company
- Communicate, negotiate and get complete stakeholder alignment on the roadmap and trade-offs
- Drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development with one eye on core KPIs and the other on quality
- Author PRDs/Feature Guides and release plans to enable the team to develop products that meet user and business needs
- Integrate capabilities to measure quantitative results for sentiment survey results at scale
- End-to-end ownership of experimental data, reporting, and measurement
- Partner with user experience to improve and refresh the interface based on the user Persona
- Study competitive offerings, new tech, and best practices in the related area and channel them internally
- Partner with PMs and Engg leads to embed experimental mindset, processes, and scaling early in product development
- Drive XFN experimentation design review meetings to keep the bar high on testing quality
We’re excited if you have
- Experience with experimentation and data platforms, and statistical analysis techniques
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer-facing digital company in a product management role
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or Statistics), MBA a plus
- Hands-on experience in executing A/B and multivariate tests and delivering KPI improvements
- Independent work ethic, with an ability to be productive with co-workers in multiple time zones
- Thrives in a team that believes in working fast, being accountable, and iterating quickly based on learning
- Strong data-driven storytelling skills and presenting to a wide range of stakeholders
- Nimble and flexible about changing priorities & business needs
- Fluent in exploring data sets and conducting data analysis
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|