Operations | Shenzhen | ID: 7971
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
With a focus on Supply Base Management, the Sourcing Manager, will work with Roku's Strategic Sourcing, Operations, Supplier Quality and Engineering teams to discover, develop, and manage a supply base to provide cost-effective products and ensure supply continuity.
As a key member of the Roku Strategic Sourcing team, the Sourcing Manager plays a critical role in managing Roku’s supply chain in Asia.
What you'll be doing
- Subject matter expert in supply management on consumer electronic products across a variety of commodities including silicon, board electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, battery, packaging, etc.
- Establish a process to collaborate with suppliers and contract manufacturers to proactively monitor supply, manage inventories to minimize excess materials, and close any supply shortages to ensure supply continuity.
- Manage forecast and supply, proactively communicate with suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure supply chain flexibility and minimize risks
- Manage and develop suppliers to maintain industry leading quality, delivery and cost. Drive and initiative strategies to continuously improve supply chain management. Identify and drive cost reduction opportunities through supply chain management, negotiation and sourcing activities.
- Develop and maintain professional and productive business partnership with suppliers. Act as an escalation point in securing supply allocation with suppliers.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing Managers and engineering on second sourcing initiatives. Drive redundant supply chain activities; develop and implement a multiple sourcing strategy to mitigate single point of failures and drive competitive costs.
- Work with the Strategic Sourcing team identify, qualify, and formalize which suppliers are Roku’s preferred suppliers. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment. Guide sourcing decisions and engagement to the preferred suppliers. Research manufacturing technologies and work with suppliers to establish cost reduction opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing assessment activities of the supplier base to determine future viability based on employed technology, upstream supply chain, manufacturing model, and financial health
We're excited if you have
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain or related field.
- 5+ years of Supply, Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in technology industry
- Deep experience improving supply chain and supplier performance and working with contract manufacturers.
- Strong business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions & initiatives
- Capacity to be a change agent, demonstrating persistence and resilience when faced with challenges
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Great communication skills. Fluent in English required, fluent in Chinese preferred
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% of the time
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|