Sr. Customer Support Engineer (Product SME)
Customer Support | San Jose | ID: 7497
Sr. Customer Support Engineer (Product SME)
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
Roku is looking for an individual with strong technical and communication skills to be part of the Customer Support escalation team. The primary focus of this individual will be to contribute to the ongoing customer support operations of our Roku TV business, through supporting our front-line support representatives, assisting with issue resolution and creating awareness for internal teams to issues impacting customer experience. The right candidate must be able work both independently and effectively within cross-functional teams.
What you'll be doing
- Provide escalation support to our contact centers and Roku partner customer support teams
- Work with customers and Roku Engineering teams to resolve product issues
- Provide regular issue and trend reporting to help internal teams understand the customer experience
- Define and develop materials that enhance the call center understanding of products, procedures, and CS tools
- Analyze support processes to recommend contact avoidance strategies
- Represent CS in cross-functional planning of new hardware and software launches
- Participate in bug reviews and generate analysis to identify and drive product improvements
- Troubleshoot system/customer issues to validate product and service defects
- Attend regular meetings and share new ideas and solutions
- Track issues related to new product launches and work closely with product management teams to prioritize
- Create support tracking metrics to demonstrate customer journey challenges to product and engineer teams
- Test new products/software to identify issues or validate reported problems
We're excited if you have
- 2+yrs experience in networking, broadband, home theater devices, streaming technology, mobile OS and apps are required
- 2+yrs experience in home theater and A/V setup and configuration, device connections and relevant technology
- Broad knowledge of major market brands in TV and home audio, inter-connect capabilities and troubleshooting to resolve A/V issues
- Experience with audio and video streaming over Internet and troubleshootng to resolve common issues
- Experience with developing or maintaining reports used for issue trending and analysis is required
- Experience with content material creation for training and process documentation is required
- Experience with MS Windows/Office productivity and communication tools required; prior experience with Jira, Confluence, Box, Zoom, Slack and Zendesk are pluses
- Understanding of call center operations and systems is required; prior experience in equivalent position a plus
- Bachelor's degree or prior experience in equivalent role for 3+ years
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts into consumer-friendly engagements
- Critical and analytic minded to determine issue trending and root cause
- Great attention to detail and careful project organization
- Reliable work ethic and experience with meeting tight deadlines
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|