Sr Manager Customer Support Operations
Customer Support | San Jose | ID: 8198
Sr Manager Customer Support Operations
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
We are looking for a dynamic leader to drive our customer support operations strategy forward. As the Senior Manager for Customer Support Operations, you will have direct responsibility for our global outsourcing strategy. As the global leader, you will own overall site performance for delivering the best support and customer experience for our Roku customers.
What you'll be doing
- Build, implement and own the outsourcing vision & strategy that supports our growing customer base using our Roku Devices, including Players, TV and Smart Home.
- Define and implement an assisted customer support experience and culture that aligns to our purpose of keeping customers connected and delighted with the Roku platform, products, and services.
- Oversee multiple outsource call-centers, across the globe, travel required.
- Establish and analyze key operating metrics that drive operational excellence and performance, through close partnership with BPO & call-center leadership.
- Manage the statement of work across outsource business partner network that ensures alignment on performance expectations, rewards, and penalties.
- Setup and lead operational business reviews to assess performance, identify key issues and solutions.
- Lead and drive support initiatives that enable us to identify and share best practices across all support sites.
- Be a champion and voice of customer by partnering with cross-functional teams, such as operations, product management, and colleagues to innovate and improve the customer experience.
- Manage and develop a team of operation managers that are responsible for the daily performance, improvement plans, as well as site readiness for new product launches.
- Manage budget and forecasting for all outsourcing spend, including invoice auditing and processing.
We're excited if you have
- 5+ years of demonstrated business & people leadership experience in driving global operational performance across multiple countries and languages through an outsource business partner model.
- 5+ years of strong experience in leading a technical customer support business and operations via outsource business partner model.
- Industry knowledge of the BPO model, and partner landscape.
- Demonstrated experience in defining, drafting business requirements, and negotiating statement of work contracts with an outsource business partner.
- Passion for improving overall customer experience for our Roku customers.
- Understanding of streaming players/devices, along with SVOD & AVOD streaming models and platforms (preferred).
- Desire to innovate on the customer support experience, with a goal to reduce the need for assisted support.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and summarize complex performance and customer data to drive and improve operational performance and innovation.
- Experience in CRM, Telephony, and Workforce Management (WFM) systems and tools. Zendesk preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows/Office productivity and communication tools required, prior experience with Jira, Confluence, Zoom, JIRA are pluses
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A., B.S.) or relevant professional experience
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|