Sr. Partner Engineer
Partner Management | New York | ID: 7476
Sr. Partner Engineer
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
The Partner Engineering team is looking for a highly skilled engineer with a strong background in working with external partners to implement new business initiatives. As a member of the team, you'll focus on the technical aspects needed for a partner to implement new features being developed in the Roku SDK.
For New York Only - The estimated annual salary for this position is between $162,000 and $580,000 annually.
Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, certifications, and specific geographical location.
This role is eligible for health insurance, equity awards, life insurance, disability benefits, parental leave, wellness benefits, and paid time off.
What you'll be doing
- Build demonstration and prototype implementations of New Platform Features and communicating/collaborating with Content Channel Partners to integrate those features into Roku Channel
- Work on multiple initiatives concurrently as the technical Subject Matter Expert, a trusted advisor, for both internal and external audience
- Create and deliver enablement programs to Partners by writing documentation, presentations, reference materials and delivering these materials in many modes including verbally and by remote conference
- Advocate the Partner's needs and business objectives to internal business and technical audiences
We're excited if you have
- 7+ years of experience in product development, or technical sales/pre-sales
- Obsessive attention to detail and UX design sense to deliver the best experience to Roku users through our Channel Partners
- Excellent Software Design skills to make Partner implementations secure, reliable, performant, cost effective, and operable
- Strong Coding skills in a compiled language like C or C++
- Experience with common web presentation frameworks like Angular, React or Vue
- Experience with API Technologies such as REST and WebSockets
- Familiarity with AuthN and AuthZ frameworks and flows like OAuth
- Strong communication and high-resolution view of the business context
- Familiarity with video streaming technology such as DASH and/or HLS
- Familiarity with embedded systems and Consumer Electronics
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|