Sr People Operations Specialist
Human Resources | Cambridge | ID: 8175
Sr People Operations Specialist
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Team
The Roku People’s team is comprised of trusted consultants to our People Partners and the business leaders at Roku. We are responsible for all aspects of employee’s journey whilst working at Roku – from on-boarding through payroll as well as implementation, administration, and evolution of compensation and benefits programs across Roku globally.
We’re looking for a Senior People Operations Specialist (HR Operations Professional) located in the UK (in our Cambridge office), to join our team as we scale and improve programs for our current employees as well develop new programs for our rapid business growth globally. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have an extensive HR Operations experience as well as managing benefits and HR programs across the UK and will be knowledgeable of statutory requirements and market competitive practices. Reporting to the Senior Manager, People Operations, this is a 'hands on' position that requires strong attention to detail and project management skills to support our global transactions as well as global expansion projects.
About the Role
Roku pioneered TV streaming and continues to innovate and lead the industry. The Roku Channel has us well-positioned to help shape the future of streaming. Continued success relies on investing in our people.
Implementing and administering human resources programs, policies and practices in the UK. Maintain detailed knowledge of and administration of HR programs; answer employee inquiries pertaining to HR programs, processes, procedures and communications. Responds to employee needs such as document requests, employment form completion, on-boarding, HRIS data maintenance, benefits administration, assist with payroll processing or other HR functions as assigned. Serves as escalation point for local HR support as needed. Maintains records related to human resources activities, policy changes or additions.
The ideal candidate will have endless curiosity and can pair a global mindset with locally relevant execution. You should be a gritty problem solver and self-starter who can drive programs with the product and commercial teams within Roku and across external strategic partner organizations. The successful candidate will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
What you'll be doing
- Manage day-to-day operations of UK Company HR and benefits programs a with a high level of efficiency and productivity. Act as the point of contact for UK benefits escalations
- Manage day-to-day employment and benefit compliance items including right to work check, benefits renewals, statutory adjustments and leaves of absence
- Manage and oversee the improvement and optimization of operational HR, processes procedures and policies, and lead the implementation of improvement initiatives that are being developed and rolled out globally
- Build and foster internal relationships with recruiting, payroll and the HR Business Partner team
- Own and manage sensitive employee demographic and compensation data, eligibility to work check, cooperation with Home Office
- Responsible for enrolment of payroll-related information, providing highest level of data accuracy, confidentiality, attention to details, strong negotiation skills and understanding of related business processes.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing, and facilitating training materials and meetings (with global vendors and additional contributors, as appropriate) for benefits programs
- Ensure Workday system updates are complete for any employment lifecycle changes; inform key partners in the business processes on the importance and downstream impacts of key data elements
- Proactively identify and raise awareness about concerns or risks and participate in resolving them
- Constantly evaluate projects to help advance benefits practices, including documentation
- Seek opportunities to leverage technology to minimize data issues and manual work that cannot scale
- Participate in HR special projects as needed with enthusiasm and desire for professional development; including, but not limited to Workday enhancements, global expansion and M&A due diligence and integrations
We're excited if you have
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in benefits or HR Operations
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal), organizational, problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English a must; other languages a plus, i.e. Dutch, German, Danish
- Broad understanding of Global HR operations and a thorough knowledge of applicable HR policies
- Experience with UK labour law and competitive practices
- Knowledge on immigration and relocation
- Systems and technical aptitude; advanced skills in Microsoft Suite and Workday
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast growing business environment
- Perform well under pressure, multi-task, work independently and as a part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and able to quickly change course when the needs of the business and our team shift direction or accelerate delivery
- You love to help shape dynamic and scalable processes and like to lend a hand yourself
- Comfortable handling highly confidential employee data on a regular basis
- High tech industry experience preferred
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|