Sr. SW Engineer, Backend - RokuPay (Java)
Software Engineering | Chicago | ID: 5928
Sr. SW Engineer, Backend - RokuPay (Java)
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
The RokuPay team is looking for highly skilled software engineers to help drive expansion to our E-commerce platform. As a member of our team you will work everyday to bring innovative features and capabilities to our streaming platform.
Your mission will be to work across engineering and product teams to create a better customer experience to purchase and manage their content and subscriptions, to ensure our partners are paid accurately and in a timely manner, and to create a platform built to operate globally.
What you'll be doing
- Working with the team to build out a highly scalable and available eCommerce platform
- Drive and design solutions across different verticals including shopping, checkout, payment, catalog, subscriptions and disbursement.
- Develop and enhance user experience throughout the eCommerce customer lifecycle
- Address technical and time to market challenges as we expand our international footprint
- Work with Product to design and enhance our product offering strategies to drive higher user engagement
- Introducing new payment methods to support country specific needs and ways to pay
- Integrating with external partners and payment systems to streamline payment processing
- Working closely with RokuPay Operation to deliver eCommerce related product features, taking an idea from ideation to its production deployment and support.
- Building reporting and monitoring tools to ensure the stability of our platform
- Driving best practices across the entire development life cycle, including code and design reviews
- Leading efforts to evaluate new technologies and continue to push for best practices
- Managing project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables driving to make change and get things done
We're excited if you have
- 8+ years of experience building large scale distributed systems
- 10+ years working with cloud based platforms and infrastructure
- An understanding of system concepts and approaches such as eventual consistency and CAP theorem
- Ability and desire to lead design and implementation of backend services coupled with a deep understanding of different data platforms
- Deep experience in building micro services using Java, Spring, Docker, MySQL, and CI/CD
- Hands on Experience working with AWS ALB, ECS, RDS Aurora, Dynamo, or similar cloud services
- Experience with a breadth of protocols and data formats such as REST, WebSockets, HTTPS, JSON, and Protobuf
- Demonstrated ability to drive timely consensus in design with other senior team members
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
It's a bonus if you have
- Experience in payment industry preferred
- Experience building ecommerce platform is a plus
- Experience integrating with payment gateway is a plus
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|