Strategy Director TV, Germany
Sales | Munich | ID: 8155
Strategy Director TV, Germany
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
Roku is looking for a Strategy Director - Germany to shape and deliver our vision for the German market. This role will be responsible for defining and leading the execution of a strategy that will position Roku for long term, sustained success. The role will report to the VP International.
Germany is an important market for Roku and the appointment of the Strategy Director is an important milestone in our development.
The German OTT market is rapidly evolving. This role will help Roku shape the industry narrative, guiding the emergence of the licensed OS, navigating the Consumer Electronics landscape to establish Roku as a market leader in the TV category. The role will also guide and help position Roku at the center of the changing dynamics of the broadcast environment, the relationships between clients, agencies and media owners in the advertising market and the regulatory framework as it evolves to these changes.
In Germany we are building scale, engaging our customers, and preparing for monetization and this role is to lead Roku on this path, delivering on KPIs that align with Roku’s overall strategy.
Roku is a highly matrixed organization. This role is to lead, irrespective of reporting lines, be the champion for Germany and be a key contributor to the International leadership team.
What you'll be doing
- Identify opportunities, build, and execute a plan to scale our German Active Account base.
- Build strategic partnerships that will accelerate German account growth and platform opportunities.
- Provide local leadership, enabling HQ and local Account Acquisition/Platform teams to achieve Roku objectives in Germany.
- Support the VP, International Platform and VP, EMEA to deliver Roku Germany objectives and metrics
- Be the Roku champion and spokesperson for Germany, building mindshare among Business Leaders, Partners, Government and Government Agencies
- Establish Roku as a constructive and collaborative partner to German PSBs and support the development and execution of a Roku wide PSB strategy.
- Actively participate in the Roku International Leadership team, leading efforts to develop the German growth strategy and bringing expertise to help shape the overall Roku and International strategy
- Partner with functional leaders to ensure that we build an effective German organization equipped for phases of building scale, engagement, and monetization.
We're excited if you have
- Essential to have strong relationships across German TV industry
- Experience with account acquisition strategy and account retention programs is an advantage.
- Understanding the dynamics of the German advertising landscape and having senior level relationships with key figures and influencers is preferred.
- The candidate must be able to flourish in a highly matrixed organization, able to influence and lead across functional teams, irrespective of reporting lines, to build a successful German business.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to do the right thing, be light on ego and show leadership by steering clear of and discouraging internal politics.
The position is based in Germany and will be expected to travel as required to the US and within Europe.</p
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Data Engineer Intern||Internships||8366||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Product Marketing Manager||Product Management||8357||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Marketing||306 - Account Growth Marketing Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Devices FP&A Intern||Internships||8361||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Infrastructure Automation Intern||Internships||8313||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Project Manager, Visual Quality & Design||Creative Experiences||8167||New York||New York||United States||New York||Program Management||245 - Post Launch Experience Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||Boston||Massachusetts||United States||Boston, Massachusetts||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|
|Software Engineer Intern, Audio||Internships||8303||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Operations||003 - INTERN Approvals|