Workplace Services Manager
Facilities | Chicago | ID: 8067
Workplace Services Manager
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
We are looking to hire a Workplace Services Manager to join our Workplace team. This is a hybrid office management/facilities operations role providing support to Roku’s rapidly expanding Chicago office. This role serves internal customers as well as represents Roku to external partners/vendors.
What you’ll be doing
- Be part of the local team (SVP, EA, Directors) to ensure that facilities operations, construction, and maintenance programs are aligned and stay aligned with the needs and goals of the Chicago office
- Manage day-to-day office operations to ensure an efficient, supportive, and productive environment
- Including mail, shipping and receiving, maintenance services, and reception
- Management of onsite team and day to day external vendors: snacks/food, coffee, water, and janitorial services, etc
- Be part of the on/off-boarding team along with local stakeholders and HQ support departments
- Support organizational functions, events, and general meetings
- Develop and evolve preventative maintenance programs to keep the office running efficiently
- Inspect facilities to ensure local and state regulatory compliance
- Prepare capital project recommendations
- Be part of the response team for emergency situations (equipment failures, fire, evacuation, etc.)
- Take the lead to address local facilities-related concerns and communicate status/updates effectively
- Manage the coordination and implementation of capital projects working closely with HQ project team
- Develop and manage the facilities operations services budgets
- Take the lead in construction project management as required
We’re excited if you have
- 7+ years’ experience in office management, Workplace, facilities, construction or related industry
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional work experience
- Proven experience working in organizations experiencing growth and/or with multiple offices
- Proven success working well with people from diverse levels throughout an organization
- Ability to make prudent and sound decisions without direct supervision, when necessary
- Ability to quickly assess situations, identify trends/gaps, develop insights and propose solutions
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communications skills, especially as a remote office representative
- Confident, decisive, tactful and effective communication skills both externally and internally
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to generate enthusiasm and elicit results among colleagues and stakeholders
- Flexibility to change course as priorities dictate
- Technical knowledge of building systems
- Working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical systems and other construction-related trades a plus
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 to 30 pounds in support of office services
- Experience managing a team of greater than 5 employees
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Additionally, providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information or responses will void this application and disqualify you from consideration. If employed by Roku, it will result in the immediate termination of employment regardless of when Roku discovers misleading or inaccurate information.
|Senior UX Researcher, International||User Experience||8143||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||User Experience||369 - User Experience Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Payroll Manager EMEA||Finance||7833||London||England||United Kingdom||London, England||Finance||409 - Tax, Treasury & Shared Services Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Amsterdam||North Holland||Netherlands||Amsterdam, North Holland||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals||Teamwork makes the stream work. Roku is changing how the world watches TV Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be ...|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Austin||Texas||United States||Austin, Texas||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Senior Payment & Risk Analyst||Product Management||8150||Cambridge||England||United Kingdom||Milton, Cambridge, England||Product Management||440 - Roku Pay Approvals|
|Sr. SW Engineer, Browse & Discovery||Software Engineering||7794||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Software Engineering||224 - Search & Recommendations Approvals|
|Accounting Manager - Content||Finance||8142||San Jose||California||United States||San Jose, California||Finance||410 - Accounting Approvals|