Roku Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Effective: January 1, 2020
This notice describes the categories and purposes for collecting certain personal information about United States residents who are job applicants and candidates, as required under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). This notice does not address the collection of any personal information that is not subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
The personal information that is collected will vary depending upon the circumstances, such as, the position you applied for, the specific job qualifications and responsibilities, the office location, and the personal information you provide (or that you authorize to be provided on your behalf, such as referrals and references, background or financial reports, and other such records). The following provides a general description of the types of categories of personal information we might collect from applicants and candidates.
- Contact and identification information, such as name, home address, email address, phone number, online identifiers, social security number, driver’s license number, and passport number.
- Characteristics of protected classifications, such as race, ethnicity, sex, age, veteran status, national origin, disability, and citizenship status – if you provide this information to us (which is used to comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action reporting requirements).
- Employment information, such as professional qualifications, employment history, education, job skills, and other employment-related information.
- Internet and network activity information, such as IP address, browsing history, search history, and similar information regarding the interaction with our website and/or application.
- Audio and visual data, such as CCTV footage, photographs, and use of video conferencing tools.
Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information primarily to evaluate your application and contact you. We also collect and use your personal information to identify other positions at Roku which may be of interest to you and for other legitimate purposes, such as to operate and conduct our business, for IT security and management of our network and offices, for accounting and corporate governance/record-keeping purposes, where we consider it necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to claims and/or legal process, or to defend and/or protect our rights.
We may update this notice periodically to comply with the requirements of the CCPA or to reflect any changes in our privacy practices.